Mobilizing the Masses: Building BYOD Security Awareness in Your Workplace
The rise of BYOD friendly workplaces means employees are now downloading personal apps on devices that have access to corporate as well as private data. It is not uncommon for useful and seemingly harmless applications to be designed to perform tasks that are unrelated and unnecessary to the advertised function of the app.
Chris Eng, vice president, security research, at Veracode, is hosting a webinar on June 13th titled “Mobilizing the masses: Building BYOD security awareness in your workplace”. During this presentation Chris will discuss:
- How security can be improved when employees and IT personnel work together and follow well-defined, measurable mobile security policies.
- How organizations can articulate a BYOD policy as part of a broader security awareness program.
- What BYOD means at the application level for companies whose employees are using their personal devices for work, and what is at stake when those devices aren’t properly secured.
- Recent research results outlining what unwanted functions some popular mobile apps are performing and what percent of apps are performing these unwanted actions.
- Some of the actions IT departments can take, when employees bring their own apps to work.
Register here to hear what Chris has to say.